Last year CocoaLove and its generous attendees worked together to provide 10 free tickets for people normally under-represented in our community. By extending this financial aid through our scholarship program we were able to ensure our audience better represented the diverse viewpoints in our community. We were so thrilled to enable access to the conference for many designers and developers who would not otherwise be able to attend.
This year, our goal is to offer even more tickets through the scholarship program. Attendees are able to once again contribute directly to our scholarship fund when they purchase a ticket, and we've increased our internal budget for this effort. The scholarship program was a huge success last year, but we don't want to get lazy. We want to do better.
Deadline for entry is September 19 2016, noon eastern time, and we'll notify winners shortly after. Winners of the scholarship will receive one free ticket to CocoaLove.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You are one or more of the following:
- A full or part-time student.
- A member or alumni of a STEM organization such as but not limited to: App Camp for Girls, Code2040, Girl Develop It, National Society of Black Engineers, Women Who Code, #YesWeCode.
- A woman, minority, single parent, LGBTQIA, or disabled individual participating in your local iOS / Mac meetup groups such as CocoaHeads, or employed working on an iOS product.
- You have a true financial need for this scholarship, and wouldn't be able to attend otherwise.
- You're able to pay for your travel and accommodations.
How to Apply
Applications are now closed. Thanks to all that applied!
If you're interested in applying for a scholarship please email us a short essay elaborating on the following:
- Tell us a bit about yourself. What are you studying? What have you worked on related to iOS / Mac, in your free time or professionally?
- What do you hope to get out of attending CocoaLove?
- What excites you about being a part of the Mac and iOS community and working in this industry? What do you think you can contribute to the Mac and iOS community?
- Lastly we'll need proof of enrollment from your school or proof of membership from a STEM organization or meetup group (contact information for a local organizer to verify).
You can send your application to email@example.com.